Suicidal behavior is a common reaction. The suicidal behavior of the person as a reaction to negative thoughts and negative feelings ...
Suicidal behavior is a common reaction. The suicidal behavior of the person as a reaction to negative thoughts and negative feelings is often encountered in the form of suicide attempts, completed suicides result in death.
It is useful to treat each suicidal behavior in its own dynamics.
Some suicidal behaviors are carried out in anger, frustration and depression, without planning and without being part of a depression process. Some suicidal behaviors appear as a part of a period of severe depression. On the other hand, interventons for manipulation and threatening purposes may also occur frequently. Every patient’s interpersonal problems, inner feelings and thoughts that prepare suicidal behavior, should be handled.
- The frequency of suicide attempts is higher in women,
- Completed suicide attempts are more common in men.
- Men prefer more lethal methods (for example comparing to drug overdose or cutting wrists, they use more firearms and hanging).
- The highest risk of suicide is in those who are seperated with their spouses or divorced and in those who have recently lost their spouses,
- And the lowest risk is in those people who are single or married.
- Living alone and living in an urban area creates more risk of suicide than living with somebody and living in rural area.
- Individuals with suicide, alcoholism and depression stories in their families, or those who are not satisfied with social support are at increased risk.